Happy Easter! Today was such a busy day. PJ and I went to church this morning and then to brunch with my mom and sister. After brunch, we went grocery shopping and then to my dad’s for dinner.
I didn’t start meal prepping until 7PM, so it was a late night. For breakfasts this week, we are eating scrambled eggs and bacon.
My favorite bacon is Wellshire Farms sugar free dry rubbed bacon from Whole Foods. I love that their pork is all natural and raised without antibiotics.
I prefer to bake my bacon. It gets nice and crispy in the oven 🙂 I bake it for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
For lunches this week, we are eating meatloaf meatballs from Danielle Walker’s Against All Grain: Meals Made Simple cookbook. I LOVE this cookbook!
I also made green beans and creamy garlic dairy free mashed potatoes. You can find the recipe for the mashed potatoes here.
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 small Vidalia onions (I used 1 large onion)
- 2 large carrots, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour or 1/2 cup almond meal (I used almond meal)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (I used 2 pounds of ground beef)
- 1/2 pound lean ground pork (I did not use pork)
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients. Reserve 3/4 cup of the sauce and place the rest in a skillet.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then simmer uncovered on medium-low heat to thicken while the meatballs cook.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the onions, carrots, and garlic in a food processor. Process until the vegetables are coarsely chopped.
- Add the eggs, flour, salt, oregano, pepper, and reserved 3/4 cup of sauce and pulse until everything is combined.
- Add the meats and pulse a few times more to combine.
- Use your hands or a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop to form golf ball-sized meatballs. Place them on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for about 20 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Serve with the thickened sauce over the top.
- Slow Cooker Instructions: Place the uncooked meatballs in a slow cooker and cover with the sauce. Cook on high for 2 hours, then reduce to low and cook for 4 hours more.